Flat Bread (Oil and Dairy Free)
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 239g
Dietary Fiber 9g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 1/2 cups dry organic grain (such as organic whole wheat berries or brown rice)
- 3 1/2 cups purified water
- 1 tsp. Premier Pink Salt
- Optional: Organic herbs to taste (such as opening 1-2 vcaps of Quantum Tumeric, etc)
- Rinse the grains. Place the grains in a strainer and rince once or twice with purified water.
- Soak overnight. Next, place the grain in a glass bowl and add enough water so that there is about one inch of water above the level of the grain. (The extra water is needed as the grain drinks in the water and slowly expands). Cover the bowl and let it stand at room temperature for 12-24 hours. You may want to rinse the grain once or twice during this time.
- Rinse and blend. After 12-24 hours, rinse the grain again. Place the soaked grain in a blender. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, 1 tsp. natural sea salt and herbs (if desired). Blend all the ingredients together for 2 or 3 minutes until the batter is in and creamy.
- Heat the batter. Pour pancake-sized amounts of batter on a skillet. Use a small amount of olive oil to lubricate the pan. Heat at medium temperature (flip once or twice) until the batter is well cooked.
Dr Shirley Watson http://www.drshirleywatson.com/