This delicious, hearty breakfast is easy to make and takes under 10 minutes to prepare, start to finish.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 34g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/3 cup organic whole oat groats
- 1 1/3 cups purified water (or raw, organic whole cows milk)
- Grind the 1/3 cup of oat groats in a TurboBlend or high-speed blender for about 40 seconds or until the oat groats become flour. For creamy oatmeal, grind the oats until they are well-powdered. For chunky or "steel cut" type of oatmeal, grind the oats for a slightly lesser amount of time (so that they are still a little grainy). Experiment with this a few times and you will get the consistency which you most prefer for your oatmeal.
- Place 1 1/3 cups purified water in a nontoxic sauce pan (such as Premier Waterless Cookware) and add the powdered oat groats. Turn on medium heat and stir fairly consistently for approximately three to five minutes, until the oats become like a thickened oatmeal. If you prefer a thinner consistency for your oatmeal, add more water. Cover and let this sit for a few minutes.
- Serve with butter and salt to taste. We recommend only raw unsalted butter and natural, sun dried sea salt called Premier Pink salt. If desired, sprinkle some raw, unprocessed brown sugar such as Premier Natural Sugar Granules.
Dr Shirley Watson http://www.drshirleywatson.com/